The journeys of an overenthusiastic amateur herpetologist through the rainforests, deserts, and swamps of the world in search of any interesting reptiles and amphibians he can find...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm back!

After a 9 month intermission, I'm back in Costa Rica, so I'm back to the blog! This adventure will be a little shorter, but I hope it will bring many memorable moments :) I will be here for three weeks studying a small species of montane lizard, Norops pachypus, which lives near the QERC field station. This is all a part of my senior honors project, and we hope to understand the thermal tolerances of this lizard, and how that relates to potential effects of climate change. More information to come...

Today I got into San Jose around 11:45, took the bus into the city, then took a taxi to my hostel, Pension de la Cuesta. I got some lunch, bought groceries for the trip, and have been reading/napping in my room for a while. I head up to QERC in the morning, and I can't wait to be back in the forest! I am really looking forward to the next few weeks :) I'll update more from QERC...

 My hostel


 Cool statue in a nearby park


The Costa Rican flag :)

PS-I got a DSLR camera recently, so the quality of the pictures should be better (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment