The journeys of an overenthusiastic amateur herpetologist through the rainforests, deserts, and swamps of the world in search of any interesting reptiles and amphibians he can find...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hasta luego Monteverde!

Well, today is our last day at the station...After four months in Costa Rica, my time here is almost at an end. I have loved every minute in this beautiful country, but Monteverde has been something even more special and unique. The pace of life here, and the way people live is so wonderful. I will deeply miss the 45 minute walks to get to the nearest coffee shop or restaurant because they provided so much time to talk with friends and enjoy each others' company, not to mention appreciate the stunning views all around us. There is something so indescribably infectious about this place, and the only way to understand it is to come here...I wish everyone could get the opportunity to experience Monteverde as I have, and I will forever be grateful for the time I have spent here. I don't know when, but I know that I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment