The journeys of an overenthusiastic amateur herpetologist through the rainforests, deserts, and swamps of the world in search of any interesting reptiles and amphibians he can find...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The first reptiles of the trip!

This will probably be the only time I ever do two posts in the same day...Since there were no cars heading over towards the farm this afternoon, I am staying overnight at QERC. It turns out that this was a great choice, because not only did I see some Emerald Swifts (Sceolporus malachiticus) on the way here, but some of the people staying here caught a snake! It is a Spot-lipped Litter Snake (Rhadinaea calligaster), and it is gorgeous! Here are some pictures:





I am keeping a running list of all the reptiles and amphibians I see on the trip, to the best of my ability. You can check it out on the right side of the page...Well, I'm off to the farm in the morning. Time for some authentic Tico cuisine and the best coffee in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful time visiting, working and resting at the farm! We'll be praying and looking forward to hearing the stories when you are back in San Jose. We'll have to make some of the coffee that is left from your trip in May this week, to help us think about you (like I need any help with that...)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete