The journeys of an overenthusiastic amateur herpetologist through the rainforests, deserts, and swamps of the world in search of any interesting reptiles and amphibians he can find...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Providencia de Dota, Costa Rica

Providencia de Dota is a tiny little town in the Cordillera de la Talamanca in Costa Rica. I takes 3 hours to hike here from the nearest highway. I can't believe that they have WiFi! Anyways, I thought I would do a quick update...

I am staying on a local organic farm in Barrio La Piedra (45 minutes away) with a wonderful family. They grow almost everything they need to survive, and they make the best coffee in the entire world! (Starbucks isn't even close...) I am having a great time learning how to farm, and speaking about 98% Spanish. Thankfully one of the kids speaks excellent English so if I get stuck I can ask her...I'll post more pictures of this place later, because it is so beautiful!

I also caught the first lizard of the trip today! I don't know the common name, so I'm going to call it the Mora Anole (Norops tropidolepis) for the last name of the family.

Such a cool lizard!


Dario, my assistant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment