The journeys of an overenthusiastic amateur herpetologist through the rainforests, deserts, and swamps of the world in search of any interesting reptiles and amphibians he can find...

Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome to Monteverde!

We arrived in Monteverde yesterday afternoon and it has been awesome so far! Yesterday we just got situated in our rooms and had some time to study for our HUGE test on Saturday that covers everything we learned on the 2 week trip (Over 100 species of plants and animals we need to be able to ID…).

Today we had some free time in the morning and after lunch we walked around town for a little while. Our Spanish class started at 2:30, and we had a placement exam that had both a written and oral portion. We played some games together while they figured out our results. It was a lot of fun getting to interact and have fun as a group like that :)

When they split us up into our classes I found out that I got put into the highest group! Not too bad for not taking Spanish for 4 years ;) I actually need to thank Mrs. Stovall for making me practice Spanish all the time and for always being there to help me :) There are 3 of us in the class, so it will be very conversation based. I am really excited for this opportunity to improve my Spanish!

After dinner we had salsa dancing lessons! I do not have much, if any, natural rhythm, so it was a bit of a stretch for me, but it was really fun :) One of our professors did a demonstration for us and he was pretty good! I am really enjoying Monteverde so far, and I can’t wait to get to know it even better in the months to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment